If you haven't done so, please watch the WifiStream setup video for a detailed tutorial.
In addition, there are a few steps you can take if you are encountering problems connecting to your wifi network.
- If applicable, be sure to set your device's mode to Wifi (not Bluetooth or AUX).
- Did you hear the musical phrase that signifies the wifi system is booted up and ready to connect? If not, please wait 30 more seconds.
- Hold the "connect/reset" for over 5 seconds to restore factory setting. Once you hear the audio prompt that the factory setting is being restored, you will need to wait about 1 minute before the system is restarted. A musical phrase signifies the wifi system is ready.
- Make sure the device (phone or tablet) you are using the WifiStream app is close to the WifiStream device during the set up wizard process. In addition, while not required, it's recommended that you first set up the wifi connection while being closer to the router. Once it's connected, you can install the WifiStream device at the final permanent location and the device will automatically reconnect if it is within the wifi range of your router.
- Be sure your device (phone or tablet) is connected to a 2.4G wifi band during the setup wizard.
- When using the alternative set up method, the speaker's ad hoc wifi name may start with the product name (ie. WPS6XXXXXX) or LinkPlayXXXXXX.
Often times, the wifi connection wizard will fail despite entering the correct SSID name and password. The likely and most common culprit is due to the router's multi-band wifi setting. If your wifi router is multi-band, please make sure that 2.4G and 5G SSID are named differently. If the 2.4G and 5G SSID are identical, the speaker may fail to connect. On certain network device (such as Netgear products), you may need to uncheck any "Smart Connect" feature where the router (or wireless access point/extender) would mask and merge different SSIDs.
You can read the following article for issues specifically with whole-home wifi system: https://ticcorp.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/14000089006-issue-to-connect-to-whole-home-wifi-system-ie-linksys-velop-or-netgear-orbi-